Dr. Sudha Joseph
New Materials & Components
Designing advanced materials for biomedical applications and sustainable hydrogen generation. Prediction of material properties by machine learning approaches.
Dr. Sudha Joseph has done her masters and PhD in Materials Engineering from the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore. Later, she moved to Imperial College, London, UK for her postdoctoral research. She is specialized in processing, micromechanics and failure investigations of a wide range of advanced materials.
Her current research interests include developing TiO 2 -based nano-photocatalysts for sustainable hydrogen production, designing 3D printed metastable beta- Titanium alloys based synthetic bones for biomedical applications and designing materials by artificial intelligence. She collaboratively worked with various universities, University of Oxford and Manchester, Max-Planck-Institutfür Eisenforschung GmbH in Germany and industries Rolls-Royce (UK), Timet (UK), General Motors (USA), Aeronautical Development Agency (India).
Doctoral research fellowship, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Designing low-cost β -Titanium alloys based synthetic bones for orthopaedic applications using 3D printing, Promoting Opportunities for Women in Exploratory Research (POWER) fellowship, SERB (DST) – Under review
- Discovery of new β -Titanium alloys for orthopaedic implants using Artificial intelligence, Karnataka Fund for Infrastructure Strengthening in Science & Technology (K-FIST L1), VGST – Under review
- Consultancy Projects Undertaken:
1. Structural analysis of unity sat launched by ISRO PSLV C51
Amazonia mission, TSC Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore.
2. Structural analysis of nano cansat, TSC Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
1. Sudha J, Paraskevas K, Yanhong C, Yitong S, Dierk R, Baptiste G, David D, A cracking oxygen story: a new view of stress corrosion cracking in titanium alloys, Acta Materialia 227 (2022) 117687,
2. Jinwoo K, Dylan H, Haoxue Y, Yitong S, Sudha J, Sarah F, Richard J C, David D, C Cem Tasan, Roughening improves hydrogen embrittlement resistance of Ti-6Al- 4V,Acta Materialia 220 (2021) 117304.
3. Yitong S, Sudha J, Edward AS, Rebecca SS, Adrian W, Trevor CL, David D, AgCl- induced hot salt stress corrosion cracking in a titanium alloy, Corrosion Science 187 (2021) 109497.
4. Yilun X, Sudha J, Phani K, Kate F, David R, Fionn PED, David D, Predicting dwell fatigue life in Titanium alloys using modelling and experiment, Nature Communications, 11 (2020) 5868.
5. Sudha J, Kavitha J, Trevor CL, David D, The role of dwell hold on the dislocation mechanisms of fatigue in a near alpha titanium alloy, International Journal of Plasticity 131 (2020), 102743.
1. Novel System, Design and Methods of Vertical Stack A- Nano CanSat (VSANCS), E-2/3626/2019-CHE, Application No. 201941046498, Applied Date: 15/11/2019, Published Date: 21/05/2021, The Indian Patent Office Journal.
2. Novel System, Design and Methods of A-Nano Pocket CubeSat (ANPCS), E- 2/3627/2019-CHE, Application No.201941046499 Applied Date: 15/11/2019, Published Date: 21/05/2021, The Indian Patent Office Journal.
3. Novel System, Design and Arrangement of 1U QubeSat (1UQS), E-2/3818/2019- CHE, Application No.201941048768 Applied Date: 28/11/2019, Published Date: 28/05/2021, The Indian Patent Office Journal.
4. Novel System, Design and Making of Device Uses Neo Pixel Built-in Full Color Driving Lights Circular or Square PCB for TubeSat/CanSat/CubeSat, E- 2/3819/2019-CHE, Application No.201941048769 Application Date: 28/11/2019, Published Date: 28/05/2021, The Indian Patent Office Journal.
5. Novel System and Method of Using Carbon Fibre Reinforced Plastic (CFRP) based on the Study of Fatigue behaviour of CFRP under Spectrum Loading E- 2/1977/2021-CHE, Application no. 202141027649 Applied Date: 21/06/2021. Pending approval.