Dr. Y. Muralidhar Reddy
To foster Innovation & Entrepreneurship and Technology Management
- Doctor of Philosophy – PhD, Business Administration and Management in the year 2018 from Rayalaseema University, Kurnool
- MBA – Management (HR & Systems) from SK University, Anantapur in the year 2007
- Master of Science (M.Sc.), Biochemistry from Periyar University, Salem in the year 2001
Dr. Y. Muralidhar Reddy, brings a unique experience of managing early-stage ventures and start-up that addresses problems of Semi-urban and rural India. He has 18+ years of experience in Industry, Academia, Research and Startup Ecosystem. Murali is actively involved in Startup ecosystem from 2020, developing innovative business models to commercialize grassroots technologies, foster entrepreneurship, and Social Enterprises.
He has worked extensively in the tier-1 tier-2 cities of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu. His core competencies are in the space of Rural entrepreneurship, startup investment, and creating an entrepreneurial ecosystem in the Semi-urban and rural parts of India. He completed PhD from Rayalaseema University, Kurnool in the Department of Management. He has 10+ Publications in various National and International Conferences & Journals and 2 Patents Published.
Murali had also co-founded three Companies, by the name of Zata Solutions, ADI Matics and Manufyx Digital which are into Medical pedagogical tools, Edtech and 3Dprinting technologies. Respectively.
Murali have expertise in re-engineering the academic institutes in the field of Commerce, Management and Entrepreneurship, he was core member of the team that developed a psychometric assessment tool Career Potential Assessment Test (CPAT).
He is instrumental in introducing an IMEE model in lines of STEM along with his team. IMEE stands for Innovation, Management, Economics and Entrepreneurship.
He has mentored 10+ institutions on Innovation, entrepreneurship, and incubation. Instrumental in making 12+ students ideas converted to startups.
He is very proud to say he hails from an agriculture family and studied in the local language till his graduation and is passionate about helping the rural students in setting higher goals and achieving them.
- Instrumental in building the innovation and incubation ecosystem at Cambridge Institute of Technology. 15+ student startups and 5+ faculty startups were established between 2021-23. I have facilitated 10+ Startups that were incubated from outside in the food and beverages, drones, additive manufacturing, sports management, agriculture, energy management domains.
- Received grant from IIC (AICTE) as mentor institute to mentor 5 institutions, KLE College, Belagavi, BVSS Polytechnic College, Bagalkot, ATME College of Engineering, Mysore, KS School of Architecture, Bangalore and ISBR Business School, Bangalore on the best practices of innovation and startup ecosystem.
- Have played a significant role in mobilizing the faculty to publish patents and convert student’s projects to patents. (145+ patents were applied in the year 2022-23)
- Facilitated to write and submit the proposals to the tune of 10 crores (2022-23) to various agencies like DST/DSIR/DBT/VGST/KSTePS/DRDO/ISRO etc.,
- Have guided and applied for Nidhi Prayas grants (10+) through TBI network, written the proposals for the Elevate and Unnati.
- Have wide knowledge about Strat up India, Karnataka Startup Mission, Seed fund grants, MSME, Udhyam, ASPIRE, MUDRA, DEiTY CGTMSE Design Clinic etc.,
Events organized on Entrepreneurship (2022-23)
Name of the Event
Innovation & Startup Summit 2023
Inspiring and infusing the Startup culture among the students and colleges.
Innovation & Incubation Summit 2023
25+ TBI heads
Networking and best practice sharing among the TBIs
Additive Manufacturing technology boot camp
50+ Faculty and co-founders.
10+ training sessions
3+ Industry visits
Know how about starting a business in 3D printing
Hosted SIH 2022 Grand Finale (DRDO)
150+ participants 25+ colleges
36 hours of hackathon
End to end management with the best feed back form all the stake holders.
Innovation & Incubation exposure
20+ Participants from 10+ Institutes.
6+ Founders sessions
3+ Incubation center visits
Faculty from various institutes were aware of various funding opportunities for the startups.
June July 2022
Startup Boot camps in 10+ Colleges
1500+ students and 100+ faculty attended the sessions
10+ students and 4+ faculty embraced to become entrepreneurs