Dr. Jharna Majumdar
Data & Video Analytics, Robotics & Associated Technologies
- Real Time Image and Video Processing
- Data and Video Analytics
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning and Deep Neural Network
Dr. Jharna Majumdar joined as Prof of Eminence, School of Engineering & Technology [SoET], BBSR Campus in January 2021. Prior to this, Dr. Majumdar worked as Dean R & D, Prof. and Head of Dept. of MTech Comp Science & Engineering and Head of two research centers–Robotics Research and Space Research at Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
Dr. Majumdar served Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) Govt. of India from 1990 to 2007 as Senior Scientist ‘G’ and Head of Aerial Image Exploitation Division, Aeronautical Development Establishment, Bangalore. Dr. Majumdar worked as a Research Scientist on ‘Robotics and Automation’ at the Forschungs Zentrum Informatik, Karlsruhe, Germany from 1983 to 1989 and as a Research Scientist at the Stanford Research International California, USA in 2002.
Dr. Majumdar has a PhD in Electrical Engineering, undergraduate and post graduate engineering from IIT Kharagpur, India.
Dr. Majumdar has been invited to several countries like UK, China, Japan, Germany, Malaysia etc. to talk on her research work on Advance Video Processing, Robotics and allied technology areas, Data and Video Analytics for various industrial applications.
Award from President, Stanford Research International (SRI International), California, USA 2002,
Director’s Commendation Certificate in the Year 1991, 1999, 2000 and 2003
Technology Breakthrough Award for contribution to ‘Aerial Image Exploitation for UAV NISHANT Program’ from Min of Defence India, 2002
Performance Excellence Award from the Prime Minister of India 2004
Dr. V M Ghatage Award from Aeronautical Society of India 2005
Dr. Suman Sharma Award from National Design and Research Forum (NDRF) 2006
Dr. Kalpana Chawla Memorial Lecture Award 2007
IEEE Award 2011
CESEM Award from the Vision Group on Science and Technology, Bangalore, India in 2016.
IEEE USA Award on Aug 2021
She is a Fellow of the Aeronautical Society of India, Fellow of the Institution of Engineers and Life Member of the Computer Society of India.
- First Smallest Satellite in India (STUDSAT) of PICO Category: Her project with Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) and the students from 7 Engineering Colleges to build the First Smallest Satellite in India (STUDSAT) of PICO Category (weighing 850 Gram) has taken off to the orbit successfully on July 10, 2010. Nitte Amateur Satellite Tracking Centre (NASTRAC) developed by a team of students under her guidance is the First Tracking Station of Small Satellites in the Country.
- First Robotic Exhibit in India: The team of students from different discipline worked with Dr. Majumdar got IEEE Award and made the first Robotic Exhibit in India. Robot was put in Hyderabad Museum and the event was inaugurated by Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam and Dr. Mosche Kam. IEEE Vice President USA. Her current research areas include Real Time Image and Video Processing, Data and Video Analytics, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Neural Network.
Dr. Majumdar published more than 220 reviewed technical papers, has 4 patents, and received many awards from DRDO and other reputed institution for her research.